Protection of your privacy and confidentiality
Protection of your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information are fundamental to the way DelConway’s does business.
DelConway’s protects your privacy in accordance with the privacy laws introduced and governed by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and which from the 12th March 2014 required compliance with 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in schedule 1 of the Act.
Following is the information the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers (both individuals and non-individuals i.e. companies).
Collecting your personal information
Personal information collected and held by DelConway’s may include your full name, gender, current address, home/business and mobile phone numbers, and relevant e-mail addresses. The personal information we hold will include the details relating to the bookings and information required/obtained from you in providing both previous and ongoing services. Your information is held in strict confidence.
Collecting sensitive information
Sensitive information is personal information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, genetic information or health information.
DelConway’s will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless we need the information for one of our functions, activities or services and we have your consent (or we are legally required to do so).
Collecting information required by law
DelConway’s may collect information from you because we are required or authorised to by an Australian law or court or tribunal order to collect that information.
We will tell you if collection is required or authorised by law and provide you with details of the law, court or tribunal order.
Absence of relevant information
If you choose not to provide certain personal information we may be restricted in or not be able to provide you with a service or the level of service you require.
How we collect your personal information
DelConway’s collects personal information through the voluntary provision by the customer. This may be given verbally, in written form or transmitted electronically.
Using your personal information
We may use and disclose personal information we collect about you for several purposes including:
- to provide you the services you require;
- to assist in providing information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations in relation to promotion or provision of a product or service (i.e your insurance company);
- to manage accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including collecting debts and to control and improve quality through customer feedback and/or market or customer satisfaction research);
- to identify you to ensure we are dealing with the correctly authorised account holder or person;
- to allow us to recognise personal events such as birthdays;
- to keep you informed of new services and to provide you with the opportunity to participate in specific promotions; and,
- to inform the relevant cleaners, ironers, party helpers, contracted employees and operational staff and management on your service requirements depending upon the services you select.
Providing your personal information to others
DelConway’s will not disclose personal customer information to any party external to DelConway’s. Each customer’s details are held only for the sole purpose of providing the required services to the customer or as detailed above.
If we ever need to use any of a customer’s personal information or data held for any purpose other than that specified above, we will contact the relevant customer’s and seek consent before doing so.
Exceptions to this include:
- where you are a new or existing customer of DelConway’s and being an approved claimant where services to you are paid to DelConway’s direct by your Insurance Company or other organisation/employer.
In this case you will or have authorised DelConway’s to communicate direct with you insurance company/organisation/employer to obtain an initial or ongoing approval for services to be provided to you.
In these cases, DelConway’s provides the details necessary to identify you to the insurance company only for the purpose of obtaining approval for provision of the required service, for ensuring the payment of our accounts or to advise the status of services being provided or any concerns we may have in respect to the ongoing safety of our staff.
This communication will cease upon your file being closed by the insurance company, organisation, employer or where DelConway’s is unable to provide the required service to you;
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- where disclosure is required by law, an authorised government authority or is reasonably required to assist a law enforcement agency.
Providing your personal information overseas
DelConway’s does not currently have a requirement to disclose your information to organisations located overseas. Should this change in the future we will inform all customers.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that each customer’s personal information collected is stored securely upon receipt and only accessed by DelConway’s authorised personnel.
Access to and updating of your personal information
You have the right to request details of all your personal information we hold.
It is important that the information DelConway’s hold about you is up to date. You must let DelConway’s know when information you have provided DelConway’s has changed.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy we will normally be able to deal with your request immediately.
You can contact us on:
- phone: 03 9888 4044
- mail: PO Box 300, Burwood, Victoria, 3125
- help (at) delconways.com.au